Monday

G is for...Great ideas #1

Well I have gotten so many great ideas for helping my shop get noticed.  I am starting to sink in the sea of soooo many spots to network and share, but this morning I am going to list my top three ideas that seem to be working for me in line with getting my items noticed online. I see that most of my buddies all over are saying the same thing, SEO, google ranks, web analytics, item views are all slipping all over, ebay, etsy, and for all of the great things on artfire and high number of views it seem so odd I have had so few sales *a whoppping 2!*.

SO, as is usual in life, seems like the thing to do is be your own best pal and self promote even if you don't like it.

Here are the ways I can tolerate doing so and why!  First is Twitter:

this image will not let you click and follow, I would love to learn that but don't have it down, BUT I have found twitter to be the best for me. I am www.twitter.com/gwynstone if you do want to follow, I always follow back.


I try to follow good twitterquette and post no more than 5 times an hours, or 20 times a day. but when I RT (retweet) I do not count those. I love to take a quick peek at twitter (by use of tweetdeck which I recommend) and see what the world is up to.

When I self promote on twitter I try to also be sure I am tweeting neat info too -- like one of my personal favs is to find funny Steven Wright quotes to share.


Next, I love ETSY chat. It is generally a supportive nice spot where people share what they like of yours. This helps me see what is popular, can give some quick feedback (if I ask things like -- do you think that would look good in green? for example). And sellers and chatters are overwhelmingly kind and funny.  I find I get hearted by fellow chatters and then can find their shop to buy from later as several images that float by in chat stick in my brain and I go back to buy!!  So, chat and favorite sellers and items in ETSY is very helpful for getting my items noticed.

My third good idea of today is an ebay observation.  I think the reason I have done the best on Ebay is the way I title my items.  This is so important and although I love to make puns and post funny names I am sure to fit in Gwysntone which is my brand, even if I cant also fit the "originals" in there. Also a word or two that I think people would search for that would like that item. for me it is easy as a lot of my items are animal themed.  Of course this is a great idea for tagging and such too, but on ebay it is to me the main reason I get sales.  thsimake me especially mad then when I see a typo I have made that to me means I have lost a chance to be searched!

So - advice form me for what it is worth: Twitter (carefully), Chat (kindly), and watch those titles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://gisfor-gwynstone.blogspot.com/